Merfolk has expanded We are now a 1st and 2nd split class. We are looking forward to begin sharing our classroom with our new friends this week. Here are some known researched benefits of being in a split-class (blended grade level): Split-grade students are less competitive with one another and more cooperative as they learn to work together, supporting each other. Children learn at different paces. Blended classes offer a wider range of curricula across 2 grade levels. Advanced students can be more easily challenged with higher-level material; struggling students can more easily return to earlier material. Younger children gain self-confidence and maturity by being exposed to older students; older students learn to be positive, mature role models for the younger students. Students in blended classrooms tend to take greater personal responsibility for their learning. There is greater peer-to-peer learning in blended classrooms. Students develop fri...
Merfolk, please remember our Pumpkin reports are due Monday 10/23 . Please bring in your book, book report, and decorated (character) pumpkin. W e are so excited to share these as a class! Also remember everyone has a pumpkin from our patch that would be great to use for our project. Though you may use another pumpkin, and another size: real or fake if you like.
8 Habits of Happy Children We are all " LEADERS " in the Merfolk classroom. Learning the "8 Habits of Happy Children" help us to find the leader in us. The process develops the essential life skills and characteristics students need to thrive. Each week we are focusing on a new habit and then will continue to focus monthly during the year to become the " LEADERS " we are meant to be. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success - Cain. Habit 1: Be Proactive (8/21/17) You're in charge! "I have a "Can Do" attitude. I choose my actions, attitudes, and moods. I don't blame others. I do the right thing without being asked, even when nobody is looking. Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind (8/28/17) Have goals and plans. I plan ahead and set goals. I do things that have meaning and make a difference. I am an important part of my classroom. I look for ways to be a good citizen. ...
The Science Center Fieldtrip has been changed to Monday 10/2/17 due to Hurricane Irma.
ReplyDelete